LIVESTOCK COUNCILLOR – _____________
SECTION 1 – CATTLE
Judge – ____________
- Consideration must be given to suitability of the breed for PNG conditions.
- Baby beef steers must show no permanent incisors at the time of inspection.
- Judging: Fat Cattle – Saturday 8:30am – 10am, Locally Bred Cattle – Saturday 1pm.
- All Champions in sections A & B are eligible to compete for the title of Supreme Champion Animal of the Show.
- All entries in the Fat cattle Sub Section must be made available to the stewards prior to the show for aging and identification.
- Animals paraded in the grand Parade must be under adequate control.
- For led cattle, the age will be taken as at 1st October of the year concerned.
- Prizes: Ribbons and a cash prize awarded in each class. Winners of the Champion classes will not be awarded points toward the most successful Exhibitor trophy. The Supreme Champion Animal will receive a trophy.
- A- Locally Bred Beef Cattle
- B- Fat Cattle
- C- Led Cattle
Sub Section A – LOCALLY BRED BEEF CATTLE
|3201||Bull calf under 12 months|
|3202||Bull 12 - 24 months|
|3203||Bull over 2 years|
|3204||Heifer calf under 12 months|
|3205||Heifers 12 - 24 months|
|3206||Cow over 2 years|
|3207||Cow and one of her progeny|
|3208||Best led animal by a smallholder|
|3209||Best presented animal by smallholder|
|3210||Breeders group (sire & 1 male 1 female progeny bred by exhibitor)|
|3211||Most successful smallholder exhibitor|
Sub Section B – FAT CATTLE
|3261||4 Tooth Steer|
|3262||2 Tooth Steer|
|3263||Baby Beef Steer|
|3264||Pen of 4 Tooth Steers (3 per pen)|
|3265||Pen of 2 Tooth Steers (3 per pen)|
Sub Section C – LED CATTLE
Special prizes for led animals in the grand parade along with the BEST LED ANIMAL by a smallholder in the Grand Parade.
SECTION 2-4 – SHEEP, GOATS and PIGS
There will be no judging of Sheep, Goats and Pigs at this year’s Morobe Show. However there will be a display of animals in the small livestock pavilion near the cattle area.
SECTION 5 – HORSES
Judge – Gordon Uechtritz
Sub Section A – BEST PRESENTED HORSE
This section is for stock and station horses competing in horse and equestrian events over the Show Weekend. Ribbons will be awarded to winners and place getters. Emphasis will be on the grooming and condition of the horses.
Sub Section B – SUPREME LED HORSE
This section is for stock and station horses competing in horse and equestrian events over the Show Weekend. Ribbons will be awarded to winners and place getters. As well as presentation emphasis will be on the alertness, gait, nature and responsive of the horses.